HEALTH & SAFETY CERTIFICATION
OCSiAl is the first company to be authorised to start large–volume commercial shipments of SWCNTs to customers in Europe, North America and other key global markets.
Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals
- First and only SWCNT completed (September 2016)
- TUBALL™ is registered under the number 01-2120130006-75-0000
- Allows OCSiAl to commercialise up to 10 tonnes/year in Europe
Environmental Protection Agency
- TUBALL™ has been placed on the TSCA confidential inventory (December 2017)
- PMN number is P-17-257
- Allows OCSiAl to commercialise up to 25 tonnes/year in USA
INDEPENDENT NANOSAFETY TESTINGS
OCSiAl invests in H&S related research projects that are conducted by independent laboratories.
For instance, in 2017 VITO, a leading European independent research and technology organisation, conducted Taber abrasion and drilling testing on the release of nano- and microparticles from nanotube-formulated materials.
TESTS HAVE SHOWN THAT:
- No protruding or free-standing SWCNTs were found
- As a result of the strength and cohesion improvement, nanotube-formulated materials release fewer nano-sized particles compared with the neat material.